D&G STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“You” / “your” – You and/or your guests attending any event D&G have acted as agent for. “Us” /”We” /”Our” – D&G Partners and the client we are acting on behalf of.
Please note that the terms laid out in this document operate alongside the terms associated with the event you are booking. In every case where limits differ between D&G and our client’s terms and conditions the greater/higher limits are operative.
• The price of any of the events will be the rate quoted to you by your D&G Sales Executive.
• Payment is strictly in accordance with our standard invoice terms (thirty days from date of invoice), or prior to the commencement of the event, (whichever is sooner). Payment must be made in full at least two days before the event. If full payment is not received we reserve the right to refuse you entry to the event.
• We shall be entitled to charge you interest on late payments in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended.
• Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of data which you send us by email. Accordingly please do not send us payment information using email.
• If you wish to cancel your attendance at an event you are liable to cancellation charges as outlined at the time of booking (see below).
• We reserve the right to make changes to the published programme of an event. In such circumstances if you decide to cancel, the cancellation charges will apply.
• We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control – a Force Majeure event. This includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes but not limited to the following: strikes or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat; fire, storm, flood or other natural disaster, impossibility of the use of public or private transport or delays in relation to such transport; or impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunication networks. Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions are suspended for the period that Force Majeure continues and provided that if the Force Majeure renders, in our opinion, the event not viable then we may cancel or postpone the event. If we choose to postpone to another date (and/or place) we will offer you the opportunity of attending the alternative date. If the event is cancelled as a result of Force Majeure, we will provide refunds to attendees on the basis of any sums remaining to us after satisfying all our obligations in respect of the cancelled event. You acknowledge that it may be on this basis that no refund is possible.
• If an event is cancelled, we will have no liability for losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation.
• You and your guests must follow all procedures and policies (including those relating to behaviour and conduct) that may be in place at any venue.
• We may use photographs or video taken at events in publicity and marketing materials, including use on our website. Your attendance at an event may mean that you are featured in such photographs or videos. If you do not wish to be included in these, please notify the photographer at the relevant event otherwise your inclusion shall imply that your consent is given.
• In the event that your behaviour gives us cause for concern, the Venue will be entitled to require you leave the premises.
• You are liable for any loss or damage which you may cause to the venue.
• If you or any of your guests has a disability or medical condition that requires special arrangements to be made, please notify us of these requirements when making your booking.
• We accept no liability for damage to, or loss of, personal belongings.
Bookings for all events are subject to the following cancellation terms:
• 150 days or more prior to the event 100% refund
• Between 150 – 120 days prior to the event 75% refund
• Between 120 – 90 days prior to the event 50% refund
• Between 30 – 90 days prior to the event 25% refund
• 30 days prior to the event No refund